Why bother?

Italy suffered its worth earth quake in decades. Our response…50,000 dollars in emergency aid. Ummm…does this seem a little ridiculous to anyone else. First off, does Italy need the money? If they do…is 50,000 gonna cover the need? I mean lets consider that 30-50,000 people have lost their homes. This wouldn’t even buy them a small cup of espresso. I just don’t get the point of it all. I know it might be symbolic and a good will gesture but it doesn’t even make it there. We just spent 2 trillion to bail out corporations that ran themselves into the ground and now we spend 1 millionth of 1 percent of that on people that could have maybe used the money to do some good. If I was an Italian I would be just a little insulted. Go big or go home I always say. Ok, I don’t say that but I think it fits here. It all just seems a bit off. Patrick OUT!!!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment