Members Only

Went out to dinner last night with the whole worcester crew. A japanese steakhouse, with sushi, hibachi grill etc. Since Jonesboro is in a dry county if a restaurant wants to serve alcohol they need to be officially a private club. We weren't members of this particular private club so Dan bought a membership for 5 bucks. I offered to get him a members only jacket but he declined. The food was good for the most part. Melinda ordered a philadelphia roll (sushi with cream cheese and salmon). Dan had already informed us that he thought sushi was mostly disgusting but was a good sport and took melinda up on her offer to try a piece. What ensued was perhaps the highlight of the meal as dan made a face as if he has just injested the most vile piece of food ever created. I didn't realize I was going to be in for dinner and a show. The chef was pretty entertaining and talked a lot to his small audience. After dinner, went to Pams house to feed the tadpoles she rescued from the pool while she is on a trip with her daughter. Then home for an early night until about 3:00 am when I was awoken to the sound of heavy thumping bass from the apartment upstairs...I like them less everyday. What I really want is my sound system here. I figure that if they are going to wake me up at 3:00 in the morning then it would be fair game for me to play my favorite opera at 8:30 and wake them up. Alas, that will remain just a vindictive dream. Patrick OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment