A Little Much

 

My lab is being meticulously swabbed down by the custodial staff with disinfectant today and thus smells horribly of Lysol. This is not a good thing. I can only imagine that it is a swine flu prevention measure but that really is just a guess. At this point…I’d rather get swine flu than have this smell. The idea that we are really preventing anything by this action is pretty silly. I mean, one infected person and a good solid sneeze and the whole effort is ruined. If there was already swine flu present (or any other disease for that matter) we would probably already have contracted it and thus the momentary sterility induced by this action would quickly be wasted. If only they could find a biologist to explain these things to them…oh wait, we work in a whole building full of them…funny, how that works out. I think to protest the situation I’m going to go ahead and touch every surface I can get my hands on to reinfect the place with all my bacterial flora…think microbial imperialism. This does bring to mind the late George Carlin who said, “ I don’t wash my hands every time I go to the bathroom. Can you deal with that? You know when I wash my hands? When I SHIT on them.” Perfect. Patrick OUT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment